Friday, September 14, 2012

Butternut Squash & Sage Pizza

Um, where did the week go? How is it Friday already? I've been severely lacking on the whole posting thing. I'm going to attempt to do a little make up right now. Here goes.....

Tuesday Night: Butternut Squash & Sage Pizza  



Ingredients

1 Pizza crust
1 small butternut squash
12 leaves of sage
1 small pack of goat cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
salt
pepper


Directions

Preheat your oven to 440F. Roll out your dough. Let sit. Slice butternut squash into 1/4" thick slices. Bake each side for 7 mins. Thinly slice the goat cheese and equally spread throughout the pizza dough. Layer butternut squash slices over goat cheese. Sprinkle diced sage, salt and pepper over entire pizza. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over everything. Bake for 15-20 mins.



So yummy, but very filling!

Wednesday Night: Take out.....oops!

I was not up for cooking and needed some good R&R. So I called in some Chinese food and parked myself on the sofa while hubby was out to a movie.

Thursday Night: Avocado & Egg Flatbread


Ingredients

1 wrap
6-8 grape tomatoes
2 eggs
1 avocado
salt
pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 440. Slice and mash the avocado in a separate dish. Spread over the flat wrap. Slice grape tomatoes in half and spread evenly over avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pop in the oven until edges begin to brown, aprox. 7 mins. In a frying pan, cook 2 eggs sunny side up or over easy. Make sure the yolks remain runny. Once the wrap has cooked, place the cooked eggs on top. Rip those yolks open and let run over entire wrap. 

I know, this looks nothing like tofu stir fry. I didn't get home from Bikram until 730, quickly showered, ran to the pharmacy and came home to whip something up. So needless to say, I needed something that cooked quickly. And I must say, this is going to be a new go to meal! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. my dear hubby bakes pizza for us each sunday. he makes the crust in the breadmaker, so good! i will be passing along the squash recipe, sounds delish. we're veggie too, so it's nice to find a fellow veg exploring pizza's sans cow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a shot. I found a similar recipe online, and tweaked it to fit my diet. So delicious! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete